Common issue faced by millions of people globally is hair loss or hair fall. A person’s self-esteem or confidence may be affected due to hair loss.
Hair loss can occur in many forms like thinning hair, baldness, receding hair line etc. It is very important to understand the reasons for hair fall and the effective ways to prevent it. This article will explore the types and reasons for hair fall along with effective treatments and home remedies.
Hair loss is a common condition affecting many individuals regardless of their age, gender or ethnicity. Alopecia, another name for hair loss refers to hair thinning or hair fall from the scalp and other parts of the body. It can be temporary or permanent and occurs due to hormonal changes, genetics or ageing.
Types of Hair Loss
|Androgenetic Alopecia||67.1% Men and 23.9% Women are affected worldwide (app. fig.)|
|Alopecia Areata||0.1% to 0.2% Men and Women are affected worldwide (app. fig.)|
|Scarring Alopecia||0.1% to 0.2% Men and 0.6% to 1% Women are affected worldwide (app. fig.)|
|Telogen Effluvium||50% Women are affected worldwide at some point (app. fig.)|
- 1 1. Androgenetic Alopecia
- 2 2. Alopecia Areata
- 3 3. Scarring Alopecia
- 4 4. Telogen Effluvium
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (Faq’s)
- 5.1 Causes of hair loss?
- 5.2 What are the diagnosis available for hair loss?
- 5.3 What are the options and solutions available for hair loss treatments?
- 5.4 How can one reduce hair fall?
- 5.5 When should I worry about hair loss?
- 5.6 Reasons for hair loss in females?
- 5.7 Which vitamin deficiency causes hair loss?
1. Androgenetic Alopecia
This is the most common type of hair loss and is also called as male or female pattern baldness. It is caused by genetics.
2. Alopecia Areata
It results in patterns of baldness and is caused due to autoimmune disorder.
3. Scarring Alopecia
It is also known as permanent hair loss and causes scarring of the scalp.
4. Telogen Effluvium
It is often caused as a result of stress or medication. This happens when the hair enters the resting phase and falls out too soon.
Hair Fall Control Shampoo 50ml, Travel PackProduct on sale
Shampoo With Aloe Vera Hair Care Deep Cleansing, 250 ml, Pack of 3Product on sale
Organic Fenugreek Powder, 500 gm₹400.00
Nourishing Banana Hair Mask 120 mlProduct on sale
Apricot Kernel Oil Gutti Ka Tel, 65MlProduct on sale
Onion Beetroot Hair Oil for Hair Growth and Hair Fall Contro, 200 mlProduct on sale
Jojoba Carrier Oil 100% Pure, Cold Pressed Oil For Skin, Hair & Nails, 120ml , Set of 2Product on sale
Arnica Gold Shampoo 200 Ml Pack Of 2Product on sale
Damage Free Organic Gel Hair Color Medium Brown 4N 120g, Pack of 1Product on sale
Frequently Asked Questions (Faq’s)
Causes of hair loss?
4. Medical Conditions
What are the diagnosis available for hair loss?
1. Physical examinations
2. Scalp Biopsy
3. Blood Tests
What are the options and solutions available for hair loss treatments?
1. Hair restoration by transplanting hair follicles.
2. Hair regrowth by using different drugs and treatments.
3. Home remedies for thinning hair using ayurvedic ingredients.
4. Maintaining a healthy hair scalp.
How can one reduce hair fall?
1. Maintaining a healthy and a diet rich in vitamins and minerals
2. Through exercise, meditation and stress management techniques
3. Avoiding treatments such as chemical dyes, heat styling and perms
4. Identifying and treating medical conditions such as thyroid
5. Proper hair care by using hair fall control home remedies
6. Using gentle hair care products
7. Avoid tight hairstyles that can put stress on the hair and scalp
When should I worry about hair loss?
1. Excessive and persistent hair loss can affect a person’s self-esteem and confidence
2. Causes itching, redness and pain in scalp
3. Poor nutrition and hormonal imbalances can also cause hair loss
Reasons for hair loss in females?
1. Hormonal imbalances due to pregnancy, menopause or thyroid
2. Telogen Effluvium, a condition caused by physical and emotional stress
3. Genetics, a predisposition can be inherited from parents
4. Medications for cancer or depression can cause hair loss
5. Hair becomes finer and weaker naturally, as women age.
Which vitamin deficiency causes hair loss?
Deficiency of Vitamin D causes hair loss. Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium necessary for hair growth while a deficiency of biotin cause hair thinning and hair fall.